Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hats off



Not sure how I feel about the big floppy felt hats for fall and winter… It’s just a little too Mary Tyler Moore for me.

I’m not totally opposed to the hippie dippie look that Nicole Richie pulls it off with. I love jean shorts, a fringe vest, and boots topped off with a floppy hat at Coachella. Even Jenny from the block could occasionally pull it off.

What really turned me off was Kim Kardashian’s white ensemble with the white wide brimmed hat. It’s not that it’s white, I do adore white after labor day (I hate fashion rules). And don’t get me wrong, I love the Kardashian’s as much as the next girl and I’m all about keeping up with them. But it’s so overdone and it doesn’t seem to provide any purpose.

A sun hat I get, you are lame and you don’t want to get a fabulous glow. And a fedora, well I get that too; in the winter it can keep your blow-out from getting snowed on. Even a knit cap to keep your diamond studs from freezing over can be useful.

So, my advice is unless you’re on a yacht in St. Tropez keep the brim slim.

1 comment:

  1. Courtney,

    I'm currently casting a brand new show about fabulous moms and the nannies who help them manage their hectic lives. I heard about your blog and looked you up, but I'm not sure how to get in touch with you. I'd love to talk to you more about the project. If you don't have a nanny, I'm hoping you may have a friend who'd be interested. Please email me as soon as you can so I can give you more details. Thanks! karen@vpetalent.com

    Karen

    ReplyDelete