Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hello Fall...Hello again my fabulous friends!


I'm back.

I kept putting off writing cause I thought I needed an excuse…um then it dawned on my that it’s MY blog. Ha!

So that being said. Here are my excuses anyway; First, I moved from Park Slope to Rochester New York. Yes, you heard me I took my fur coat and my attitude and headed for the burbs.

Second, I had baby and totally became a fat bloated pregnant women who’s best looks were maternity jeans and draped sweaters…boring! I literally, gained 50 pounds and blew up like a balloon. Even my OTK boots wouldn’t zip up over my kankles.

Lastly, I lost my fashion idol. My dad was the most fabulous person I knew, the most incredible dresser, and had a laugh that could light up a room. He was famous for going sockless in loafers, sporting long hair and Izods in the 80’s, making a bow-tie cool again, he adored wearing shocking pink corduroy pants, he was always in search of the perfect white button down, and he topped it all off with a Burberry Trench. He was Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors, and Hugo Boss all rolled in to one. I was inspired by his artistic design and driven by his love for his ‘fabulous’ girl. He was my biggest fan. I miss him everyday.

Actually, caring for him while he battled cancer, and loosing him to the disease is why I stopped writing. And now my mourning is what has brought me back. I decided to have my father’s round tortoise Oliver People eye glasses, made into prescription sunglasses for myself. After picking them up, I looked in the mirror. Then I said “hi sweetie,” just like my dad said to me every morning. It made me smile, really truly smile. That’s how I knew I was ready to come back to Fabulous in Park Slope. Enjoy life, live without regret and always remember how fun it is to be fabulous.

In honor of my dad, I’m going to highlight some of my favorite men’s wear looks for Fall.

Lanvin Loafer

Miu Miu Brogue

Band of Outsiders..a man after my own heart.
Boy. By Band of Outsiders (net-a-porter.com)





Velvet Tux Jackets by Stella McCartney


3 comments:

  1. So happy to see you back again - I am very sorry for the loss of your Father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. The third place to your dead father.

    The first to moving, the second to birth, the THIRD to him.

    Go shoot yourself.

    ReplyDelete