Friday, January 27, 2012

Crazy for Hip Hop


I just don't know what to say about these. When I first spotted them on models in the streets of New York I was horrified. I just chalked it up to another example of how Miranda Kerr can get away wearing anything and still look sexy.

But I have to admit, I'm intrigued by these Isabel Marant sneakers (especially now that they are sold out on net-a-porter). They apparently have a hidden wedge for extra height, they are made of soft yummy leather, and come in some fun color combinations.

Am I crazy? They kinda remind me of when people first starting wearing Uggs, they were so hideous looking but you couldn't stop yourself from finding out what the hype was about. Then you put your feet in those lamb lined clouds and you didn't take them off for three years.

An investment at $760, and I'd never hear the end of it from my husband. A fan of sneakers and Run DMC he'd never imagine that I'd go from my Loub wedges to a hipster velcro hightop. And I'm fascinated to know what the mommies at Pre-K will think of my switch. Ha, ME in sneakers?! Makes even me laugh.

Enjoy the irony and grab yourself a pair before they "run" out...or they just plain go out.



No comments:

Post a Comment