Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Collector of Memories



Collection...

As I get "older" I start to contemplate what I will leave behind. What kind of legacy will there be? What will my children remember most about me? What little things can I leave for them to comfort them when I am gone?

What will some day make them smile the same way I do when I see a pair of Wayfarer Rayban sunglasses? My father left behind not only a love of wayfarers but a small collection of them. Some I have gifted to his dear friends and family in remembrance. But a couple pairs I hold dear to my heart, saving them for a sunny beach day, a drive in his old mercedes convertible, or a 16 year birthday gift for my son.

Sure their will be some jewelry, some out of style fur coats, and a salvaged pair of Manolos. But I have decided that the most fabulous thing that I can pass along is my love of small spectacular and unique clutches. So, I am going to do my best to choose wisely and fabulously over the next 50 years to create a memoir to go with them; wonderful dinners with my husband, out of control girls nights, vacations to far away places, peaceful walks on the beaches of Delray, dancing queen moments at concerts in Canandaigua, movie nights with my kids, and holidays parties at the Club. Each paired with a perfect companion, a jeweled box, a silky envelope, or a tasseled roll.

Memories are what make you fabulous.

Charlotte Olympia Details


Day Clutch

Reese Hudson Bondage Clutch 
(my new favorite companion)

Anya Hindmarch


Bao Bao by Issey Miyake pouch

Charlotte Olympia Perfume Clutch


Fabulousness in Oz

Diane Von Furstenburg

Givenchy

Mary Katrantzou

Bao Bao Shopping Tote to put them in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment