A quick Recap...
I was thrilled to catch a fab spread in the new InStyle magazine this month called "10 New Style Statements, Go ahead we dare you!"
The article focuses on stepping outside the fashion box. I love bending the rules of fashion to create my own look, to bring couture to everyday, or to make a trend more mommy friendly.
Here are a few of the Fall trends...
1. Go strapless for Day. I think that the idea of using an oversized clutch for day is an instant way to not just look glam but feel fancy all around. The feel of the bag in your grasp makes you walk with a little more attitude. It sounds crazy, but next time your strutting down the street with your PS1 purple pouchette you'll laugh as you notice the swagger.
2. Rock Socks with skirts. Although I've personally wimped out on this trend many times, I still have high hopes off pulling it off this Fall. The oxford shoe may help get me past the front door. J.Crew has brightly colored socks thin enough to layer under your fab pumps or booties.
3. Mismatch your prints. This is my favorite and yet can be the most challenging to accomplish without looking like a homeless person. I couldn't even find a good enough picture to demonstrate the idea! So go out on a limb and try florals with polka dots.
4. Do denim on denim, please use with caution. This is best accomplished by a skilled professional. Start by trying dark skinny jeans and a lighter colored chambray button down.
5. Untame your tresses. The bigger the better, luckily I have hair from the 80's.
alice and olivia feather skirt
6. Add edge to evening wear. Sequined blazer with jeans, sequined skirt with a chunky sweater and boots, sequined harem pants with a white tee shirt....get the picture? Go by something sequin and wear it with everything from your pj top to your converse sneakers. For an evening out, wear a gown topped with a leather motorcycle jacket. Why wait for another boring wedding to wear that fabulous long beaded skirt? Pair it with some gladiator sandals, a bright colored tee and top with a boyfriend blazer. It's also a great way to get to wear some of those dressier pieces in your closet everyday.