Sunday, August 1, 2010

FALLing for Eric on Seventh


Eric Shoes on Seventh


Sweedish Hasbeen Clog Boots

Bass Penny Loafers

Frye Moto Boots


Calling all Park Slope Shoppers...

I had the opportunity to speak with Eric of Eric Shoes on Seventh the other day. I figured that it was time to get out there and befriend some local retailers...especially those that might be able to help with the Fall Boot Dilemma.

I was thrilled to see the Fall merchandise pilling into the store as I walked through the doors. I almost beat down the sales girl in order to get the first look! Along the right side of the store, it was easy to see what this Fall had in store for me, the Men's Look has taken center stage.

One of my favorite looks is the oxford, manly yet sculpted for a more feminine physic. Eric has found the most amazing and surprising gem...a heeled oxford made from warn-in leather by none other than Timberland Boot Company. I know I may just loose my reputation by suggesting such a brand, but it is apparently a different division of Timberland, incorporating fabulous leather and quality work. He sold out of the lovely nude, but says he will be restocking in chocolate for Fall.

Following the Men's trend will be so much fun with a pair of Boemos slip on oxfords (made in Itlaly), they were light grey and yummy. I love the idea of these hubby inspired shoes with wooly tights and the most fabulous sequin mini, layered under a warm fur vest. Better yet, a lunch date at theFour Seasons sporting the Frye Moto Boots with a beaded dress and a big fat TSE sweater wrapped around me.

I then spotted a memento from my Catholic School days (surprised?)... a pair of Bass Penny Loafers! It may have to be my Fall calling card, I think that I am obsessed. I can't wait to put that shiny penny in and watch them crack and wear. Over the next couple years they'll only get better; worn with no socks, a borrowed men's shirt, diamond earrings and rolled up jeans in the summer. They will carry so well into Fall with tights and a plaid skirt, ahhh. Did I actually just speak highly of the seasons in the city?

I might not have to go all the way to Manhattan for some of my favorite high end designers. Eric Shoes carries, Rachel Comey's Shoe line (as sold at Bergdorfs), Cynthia Vincent's full line of sandals (now on sale!), and more. A top seller is their Les Trios Garcons Ballet Flats. Made in Italy the black patent pair was perfectly pristine, and half the price of Repettos. The owner Eric has been in the business forever, taking trips to Milan to see the upcoming trends and searching for the best quality products he can find. Eric claims that he is focused on comfort and quality, but Fabulouness must be next on his list.


PS: HUGE Summer Sale now at Eric's, and if you're not a Park Slopper then just call and they'd be happy to ship out your favorite pair.


Eric Shoes on Seventh
202 7th Ave.
Brooklyn, New York 11215
(718)396-4189

No comments:

Post a Comment