Friday, September 7, 2012

Back to School...back to school...







 Who can forget the image of Adam Sandler waiting for the bus singing “ Back to school. Back to school, to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool. I got my lunch packed up, my boots tied tight, I hope I don't get in a fight. Oh! Back to school... back to school... back to school. Well, here goes nothing.” in Billy Madison? Or Alicia Silverstone's first day back at Beverly High in Clueless..."AS if!?"

Every parent in the country has been pulling their hair out in the last few weeks of summer waiting for this day. Camps are over, sitters have gone back to college, and you are doing cartwheels trying to keep your kids entertained until the best day of the year rolls around again. First Day of School.

A million things run through your head; I’m going to go back to the gym, I’m going to write again (check), I’m going to reorganize the closet, I’m going to catch up on those wedding and baby gifts, send thank you notes, pay the bills (oh crap that’s what I was supposed to be doing…do you think that Barney’s will accept an apology letter? Add to list), clean the kitchen, cook healthier dinners, did I mention I was going to go to the gym?

Anyway, back to the writing…damn, don’t’ be so hard on me!

Of course most important is buying new school clothes! For me… the kids are just fine in theirs from last year.

Here are some finds to keep you busy…and out of the gym for another day.

 
Boy. by Band of Outsiders

Easy Peasy School day hair-do




Marni Cross body bag 

A.L.C. plaid shearling collar blazer

J.Crew full pleat leather skirt 

No comments:

Post a Comment