Friday, March 5, 2010

No Thanks.


How can this pass for a shirt?

I thought it was a fluke the first time I saw this 80’s inspired belly baring shirt. Then today checking out ‘what’s new’ on Shopbop.com it came up again!

Really? Half shirts?

Umm…no thanks. As much as I adore taking part in the trend madness of a new season, I’m going to have to sit this one out. Out of respect for others, not necessarily because I don’t like it.

This stomach stretched out to house a 8-pound baby 19 months ago, and now it’s never going to be an appropriate look for me. Brit, take notes please. I’m all for showing a little skin, tight skin. An off the shoulder top? Yes please! A mini? Maybe. One of the most important parts of being fabulous people is knowing your limitations.

I realize that the draped look is in for spring but I’m pretty sure that the skin on my belly wasn’t what Donna Karen had in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment