Thursday, February 11, 2010

LOVE this!



WOW, what a great mixture of dressy and comfy. This Preen Line cotton dress comes in white, navy and grey. I think it might be exclusive to net-a-porter.com. This is a great site to shop the couture lines with out the hassle of the sometimes snotty sales women. More importantly it's a great website to find inspiration and outfit ideas. Anyway, I would absolutely put this on a must have for Spring. I think that I might be able to get away with it at the local haunts without getting stare downs from the black slack/Cosby sweater crew. Plus, if they do recognize me (as if I wouldn't stick out with this frilly love) and throw their Organic Beer on me, I can toss it in the washer!

4 comments:

  1. This would be very cute for someone with very small hips! Not me! But I agree that it would definitely fit in around PS. As for my .02, I think people don't dress up around PS because they are just running errands and relaxing--when you see people heading to the subway for work, they are definitely more fashionable! Time and place for everything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. true, i guess that my point is IF it feels better to get a little fab do it no matter where you're going. most complain that it's too difficult or too uncomfortable...that's not always the case! For instance, today I was FORCED to wear my long black coat (gasp) to drop off the dry cleaning, but before i left the house i ran to grab my trusty emerson made flower pin. Kinda a funny match on a winter down (blah) coat, but it made me feel a little brighter, a littler warmer, and I swear I got a few more smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My "fab" Manhattan friends always poke fun of how women dress in Park Slope, thanks for giving me some ammo. I have lived in the Slope for years now, and can't agree w your observations more. However, I still appreciate Sundresses with Birkenstocks, don't discourage that too much, please.

    Anyway, quest. for you: I did my undergraduate at U.R., and don't remember the locals being very "fabulous", well, maybe in a "Marketplace Mall" kind of way. Where did you figure it out? Nick Tahou's?

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, GG. I did live in LA for 10 years, but my frivolous love of fashion was in fact born in Upstate New York ;) ohh, and i would were that swing coat right in to Nick's for a garbage plate if i could!

    ReplyDelete